Dragon Quest + Translator Application

Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Vendredi 11 Août 2017 à 00:02
Hiya! I'm happy to announce that the main game is now completely finished. I just did a 10 and a half hour run of the game. The difficulty is quite moderate sometimes leaning to easy like the SNES version but the post game will increase the difficulty.

https://pichoster.net/images/2017/08/10/d3cdd9c4662472ee750c64a9bcb7d89e.png

https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/4058/screenshots/Final_Status.gif

With the main game being complete, my plans are to begin translating into French by the fall, around october and november so that a demo in english and french are available by Christmas break.

First things first, I need to know who can help me understand the French alphabet and help me create a image that correctly implements the alphabet. Here's what I mean:

I used a special software that does image based exports of pictures to show, in-game. So basically it uses one image of an alphabet to create a image file of some text to show in the game. I mean, if I could get somebody to help me with that by the middle of September, that'd be great. This position is probably the most important one of all and there's only one spot open for it.

As far as translators for the rest of the project, I'll take whoever is willing to help. It is a huge plus if you have knowledge of RPG Maker of any sort but it isn't necessary.

So I need:

1.) One applicant who is willing to go above and beyond by helping me out, using a specific tool. Here's what it looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/xq7LF5C.png

2.) Any number of applicants willing to translate in-game text.

If you would like to apply, send me a PM or just send a comment here. I'll follow up with everyone sometime late august, early september. Again, I'd prefer those who have decent English skills just to speed things up. And that's fine. I don't know French so it's not like I have some kind of complex or something.

This may sound intimidating, but honestly it's insanely easy if I get the help I need. You don't need to be a genius to help out either. So, that's it! I can't wait to get this going! :lol:

Special Position:

angelo97

Translators:

GinFreaks

Tigali

Eldrick

Seed Hunter
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Vendredi 11 Août 2017 à 00:15

I can most definitely help out with the translation, just hit me up anytime.

Player Hardcore dans Dragon Quest - Participant modéré dans la vie
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Vendredi 11 Août 2017 à 16:38
Oh, I'd love to translate text ! (Hi, by the way. I may be new in these parts, but I already read stuff about your Dragon Quest + project.)

I'm a pretty good English speaker, but I also have experience in writing and storytelling in French, and in pastiche as well, so I can mimic the sophisticated style of true Dragon Quest French translations. (And wordplays, too.)

I've got a lot of free time these days so I'd truly be glad to help ye, even if for a tiny bit :)
"I transcend your paltry notions of gender!"
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Vendredi 11 Août 2017 à 18:24
Thank you guys! I will be getting in contact once the game enters Translation in about a month! Keep coming :D
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Vendredi 11 Août 2017 à 19:55
Will do ! Thanks a lot :D
(Modérateur)
Le gluant de métal
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Dimanche 20 Août 2017 à 19:20

Hey !
I don't have any skills in RPG Maker or stuff, but my english isn't that bad, if you need some aditional help. (If it's the case, send me an email, I don't use to come here a lot lately).
PS: About the french alphabet : as far as I know, it is the same as the english one. We just have the "à, é, è, ù, ï, " etc.
For instance "pupil" is translated as "élève" in french. Writing it as "eleve" is gramatically wrong, but old-school (8/16bits) games never use to do so. In my opinion it'd be way easier for you to keep the same alphabet Smileys Dragon Quest Fan (and everyone will understand)
(The same alphabet as the english one I mean)

Ouvrez une école, fermez une prison.
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Jeudi 7 Septembre 2017 à 03:00
Citation ( angelo97 le Dimanche 20 Août 2017 à 19:20 )

Hey !
I don't have any skills in RPG Maker or stuff, but my english isn't that bad, if you need some aditional help. (If it's the case, send me an email, I don't use to come here a lot lately).
PS: About the french alphabet : as far as I know, it is the same as the english one. We just have the "à, é, è, ù, ï, " etc.
For instance "pupil" is translated as "élève" in french. Writing it as "eleve" is gramatically wrong, but old-school (8/16bits) games never use to do so. In my opinion it'd be way easier for you to keep the same alphabet Smileys Dragon Quest Fan (and everyone will understand)
(The same alphabet as the english one I mean)

Yeah, I think I'll have you on as my right hand man in terms of translating the image files that are shown in the game. We'll be in touch later!
(Modérateur)
Le gluant de métal
Dragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest SlimeDragon Quest Slime
Jeudi 7 Septembre 2017 à 05:08
With pleasure ! I use to check my mailbox daily, but if I don't reply within 2 days, don't hesitate on sending me a PM here, the mail might go into the trash box.
Ouvrez une école, fermez une prison.
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Jeudi 7 Septembre 2017 à 23:13
Hey ! It's been a month and I'm still ready. So don't hesitate in sending me a message here or on my email adress.

Gin, considérant ce que tu traverses, essaie de me contacter à un moment ou à un autre, je m'adapterai en fonction de ce qui t'arrange ou si tu veux qu'on bosse ensemble sur le glossaire ;) J'ai pas un emloi du temps facile cette année mais pour un projet pareil, c'est certain que je me libérerai du temps !
(Administrateur)
Master Chief
Vendredi 8 Septembre 2017 à 09:33
This project is awesome, can't wait to see this game in French!
Rien qu'une seconde... S'enflammer comme un éclair!
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Vendredi 8 Septembre 2017 à 10:33
Citation ( Poppu le Vendredi 8 Septembre 2017 à 09:33 )

This project is awesome, can't wait to see this game in French!

That's up to us, boss ! On va faire du bon boulot, promis !
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Vendredi 8 Septembre 2017 à 20:57
Citation ( Tigali le Jeudi 7 Septembre 2017 à 23:13 )

Hey ! It's been a month and I'm still ready. So don't hesitate in sending me a message here or on my email adress.

Gin, considérant ce que tu traverses, essaie de me contacter à un moment ou à un autre, je m'adapterai en fonction de ce qui t'arrange ou si tu veux qu'on bosse ensemble sur le glossaire ;) J'ai pas un emloi du temps facile cette année mais pour un projet pareil, c'est certain que je me libérerai du temps !

Wait, is Gin going through something I should be aware of? If it's something that will have to wait for him then we can adjust. I think I'll have something solid for all translators to go off of by the end of September. I'm thinking I can export the in game text into a file and have everyone work on it simultaneously on Google Docs. I'm trying to make this a smooth experience in terms of translating, just give me a bit more time mate.
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Samedi 9 Septembre 2017 à 01:03
Citation ( Ljink le Vendredi 8 Septembre 2017 à 20:57 )

Wait, is Gin going through something I should be aware of?

No, private matter he discussed on another thread.

Alright, you've got all the time you need, anyway :D I look forward to it but that doesn't mean I'm in a hurry. We're all DraQue Fans, mate, patience is an intrinsic quality 0-)
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Vendredi 6 Octobre 2017 à 22:24
Hey! I don't want to sound like a bully, but you did say translation work would begin aroud September, so what's up? Or did I miss something?

Sinon, pour les autres, vous avez revu GinFreaks ? Sinon, comment on s'organise ?
Membre
Dragon Quest Slime
Dimanche 8 Octobre 2017 à 01:24
Citation ( Tigali le Vendredi 6 Octobre 2017 à 22:24 )

Hey! I don't want to sound like a bully, but you did say translation work would begin aroud September, so what's up? Or did I miss something?

Sinon, pour les autres, vous avez revu GinFreaks ? Sinon, comment on s'organise ?

Again, so sorry. Nothing really ever goes to plan for me. There's a lot going on with my personal life right now and I'm trying to wait for the right time to start this thing. I thought I could do it in september but a lot has popped up with me in University and working, etc. If you have other things you need to do please focus on those things. And this is to everyone who's on this project.

This is my first time attempting a translation of a game let alone finishing a game, I hope you all can have patience. I'm working my ass off, but I'll be able to catch somewhat of a break on October 16th. By then I'll have up the text dump up on google docs and all translators can work on translating all at once. There will be a few translators that will need to help within the engine, which isn't too difficult at all.

You're not being a bully, I understand I set a date but trust me this project is still on. If anybody has any questions regarding the translations, or issues, etc. please let me know. Again, sorry for the delay. :cry: